Wednesday, November 21, 2012

26 Sep 2012: Chowdhury 13th witness cross exam

After the Azam trial witness, the cross examination of Ashish Chowdhury (13th witness) in the case of Salauddin Quader Chowdhury undertaken by Ahsanul Haque: See his original testimony here
Defence: With whom you came in Dhaka?

Witness: With my uncle Arunagshu Bimal Chowdhury who is also a witness. (Witness no – 12)

Defence: How did you reach Dhaka?

Witness: By air.

Defence: In jagatmalla para and in Rauzan your uncle Arunagshu Bimal Che has a good reputation as a doctor. Isn’t it?

Witness: Yes, it’s true.

Defence: He practiced in Rangunia, he has his own chamber.

Witness: Yes, he has.

Defence: You have a hospital named J K Memorial Hospital in Rauzan, isn’t it?

Witness: No, it’s not in Rauzan but it’s in Gohira.

Defence: A lot of good doctors practice there, isn’t it?

Witness: I didn’t go there before so I don’t know.

Defence: There is a government Health Complex in Rauzan.

Witness: Yes, there is.

Defence: There also lots of good doctors practice there?

Witness: I don’t know, I also didn’t go there ever.

Defence: Rauzan’s adjacent police station is Rangunia.

Witness: Yes.

Defence: There is a missionary hospital of doctor Trailer do you know that?

Witness: I don’t know, I never heard the name of that hospital.

Defence: Where is the chamber of Doctor Arun Das Gupta?

Witness: It is in Fokirhat adjacent to Jagatmallapara.

Defence: Jagatmallapara is how far from Fakirhat?

Witness: I don’t know how far but I can tell how much time it takes to reach there. It takes 10/15 minutes in a CNG.

Defence: How much time it takes to reach J K Memorial?

Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: Where is the resident of Doctor Arun Das Gupta?

Witness: In Daspara of Rauzan.

Defence: How much time it takes to reach in Daspara from Jagatmallapara?

Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: You are telling lies.

Witness: It’s not true.

Defence: In which year have you passed SSC (Secondary School Certificate) examination?

Witness: In 1981.

Defence: In which year have you passed HSC (Higher Secondary Certificate) examination?

Witness: In 1983.

Ahsanullah Haque: From which school have you passed your SSC examination?

Witness: Rauzan Salamotullah High School.

Defence: From which college have you passed your SSC examination?

Witness: From Rauzan Gohira College.

Defence: When you passed your examinations what was your Board?

Witness: Comilla Board.

Defence: There was a report in Daily Janakantha published in 18.04.2011 that you killed a person named Dilip Chowdhury by beating him.

Witness: It’s not true.

Defence: Did you read that report?

Witness: Yes I did.

Defence: Did you send any rejoinder in Daily Janakantha?

Witness: No I didn’t send it to Daily Janakantha but I sent it in ‘Purbakon’ and they published it.

Defence: Did you file any defamation suit against Janakantha?

Witness: No, I didn’t.

Defence: In SSC certificate two things are important; date of birth and roll number. Could you remember your date of birth in SSC certificate?

Witness: No, I couldn’t remember.

Defence: Could you remember your roll number?

Witness: Yes I can remember. It’s 4642.

Defence: Could you produce it if this Tribunal asks?

Witness: Yes I could.

Defence: In the year of 1971, you were only 4 years old.

Witness: It’s not true.

Defence: Did you produce any documentary evidence regarding your age to the Investigation officer?

Witness: Yes, I did.

Ahsanul haque: Jagatmallapara is situated in right side of the road which goes to Rangamati from Chittagong.

Witness: Right.

Defence: In your village there are lots of ponds.

Witness: Yes, it’s true.

Defence: There are two roads to enter your village which come from Rangamati Road.

Witness: Yes, that’s true.

Defence: Jagatmallapara is situated less than 200 meters from Rangamati Road.

Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: How far is Rangamati Road from your house?

Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: How much time does it takes to reach Binajury from your house by foot?

Witness: It takes approximately one and half hour.

Defence: How far is your Uncle Mr. Arunagshu’s house from your house?

Witness: We live in the same dwelling place but the difference between two houses is about 10 meters.

Defence: How far is your Aunt Jotosna Bala’s house from your house?

Witness: Around 7/8 meters.

Defence: You gave an interview in a book named ‘Muktizudha and Rauzan’, is that true?

Witness: May be.

Defence: This book is published in 2012.

Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: When did you last go to Jotosna Bala’s house?

Witness: We live in same house I always go her house as she is my elder aunt.

Defence: As she is sick did you see her prescription?

Witness: Yes, I did.

Defence: She has a son your age, what is his name?

Witness: Bisheshwar Chowdhury.

Defence: Who takes care of her (Jotsona Bala)?

Witness: Her elder son, Topon Chowdhury.

Defence: What is the profession of her sons?

Witness: Both of her sons are doing jobs.

Defence: Jotosna Bala is completely healthy and sound, in pressure of prosecution you are telling lies.

Witness: It’s not true.

Defence: In 1971 how many people lived in your village Jagatmallapar?

Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: When did you become a voter?

Witness: I can’t remember.

Defence: Do you know that Mr. Salaudin Quader Chowdhury from 1979 to present was never defeated in MP election in Rauzan?

Witness: No, I don’t know.

Defence: Do you know his brother Giyasuddin Qader Chowdhury was elected in Rauzan?
Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: Do you know present MP belongs to which political party?

Witness: No, I don’t know.

Defence: Do you know he is the first cousin of the accused?

Witness: No, I don’t know.

Defence: Regarding the issue of Jagatmallpara did your family member or you file any suit?

Witness: No, I didn’t but now I came here to seek justice.

Defence: The killing of Jagatmallapara occurred in 13th April 1971, did you see this with your own eyes?

Witness: No, I didn’t watch it by my eyes.

Defence: Where is your maternal uncle’s house?

Witness: Sultanpur, PO- Rauzan.

Defence: How far is it from Binajuri?

Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: How much time it takes to reach by foot?

Witness: From our house it takes 10/15 minutes to reach Sultanpur by foot.

Defence: What is the name of your Aunt’s husband?

Witness: Krishta Sarkar.

Defence: What is the relationship between Arabinda Sing and Prafulla Sing?

Witness: They are two brothers.

Defence: In your maternal uncle’s house who live there?

Witness: There lives my Uncle’s family.

Defence: Where is your maternal grandfather’s house?

Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: How many members live in your paternal Aunt’s house?

Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: In your evidence you said that, ‘On 13th April 1971, your maternal uncle came to Binajury in your paternal aunt’s house and told the tragic happening of your village.’ Who were present there at that moment?

Witness: My mother, two sisters, my aunt, her husband and me.

Defence: The tragic happening, did you speak about it to your Uncle Arunagshu Bimal Chowdhury?

Witness: I heard all these from my uncle.

Defence: How did you go to India from your aunt’s house?

Witness: By foot.

Defence: Did you collect border pass?

Witness: No.

Defence: Did you meet with your Uncle Arunagshu Bimal Chowdhury there?

Witness: No

Defence: Did you meet Mr. Prafulla there?

Witness: No, I didn’t.

Defence: Did you meet Mr. Harun or Mr. Khaled?

Witness: I don’t know them.

Defence: How old were you in 1979?

Here the witness failed to answer.

Defence: Did you become a voter then?

Witness: I don’t remember.

Defence: Do you know that time the accused was competed with Mr. Harun?

Witness: I don’t remember.

Defence: What my maternal Uncle told about the tragic happening of my village’ is not true.

Witness: ‘What my maternal Uncle told about the tragic happening of my village is not true’, is not true.

Defence: ‘Mr. Santosh Chowdury told all these after independence’, is not true.

Witness: it’s not true.

Defence: How many brothers do you have?

Witness: I have another brother but he died. Now I am the only son of my mother.

Defence: How many sisters do you have?

Witness: 2 sisters.

Defence: Did you take your birth certificate from your Union council?

Witness: Yes, I took it for making my passport.

Defence: What was your date of birth there?

Witness: I don’t remember.

Defence: Do you have your signature in your passport?

Witness: Yes, I have.

Defence: Who was the Chairman of your locality in 1971?

Witness: I don’t remember.

Defence: Is Jagatmallapara under Rauzan Municipality?

Witness: Yes.

Defence: Do you know that the person who is the present Mayor of Rauzan belongs to the accused’s political party?

Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: Do you know Kazi Hasan belongs to his political party?

Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: Did you vote?

Witness: Yes.

Defence: Did you hear that before the election the accused was arrested.

Witness: Yes, I heard.

Defence: I am saying that Kazi Hasan belongs to his political party and he is elected from BNP (Bangladesh Nationalist Party)

Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: Do you know in competing with Kazi Hasan, Debasish Palit was defeated?

Witness: yes, I know.

Defence: Do you know in 1986, ABM Mohiuddin Chowdhury was defeated by the accused?

Witness: I don’t know.

Defence: Did you put your vote in 1986?

Witness: yes.

Defence: In 1991 Mr. Abdullah al Harun was again defeated by the accused, do you know?

Witness: I don’t remember.

Defence: Did put your vote in 1991?

Witness: Yes, I did.

Defence: Did you put your vote in 1996?

Witness: Yes, I did.

Defence: In 1996 Giyasuddin Qader Chowdhury defeated Fazle Karim Chowdhury

Witness: I don’t remember.

Defence: In that election S.Q. Chwodhury was elected from Rangunia

Witness: I can’t remember.

Defence: Did you take the death certificate of your family members who were killed.

Witness: No, I didn’t.

Defence: You said that, there is a monument in memory of martyrs where the name of martyrs are listed in your village, in the opening ceremony of that monument did you invite your MP?

Witness: We didn’t organize any opening ceremony of it.

Defence: Who provided the names of martyrs for that list?

Witness: We provided, here ‘we’ means my elder brother, and me.

Defence: Do the ‘Baruas’ (a group of hindu people) burn dead bodies at crematorium?

Witness: Yes, they do.

Defence: In which direction Baruapara is situated from Kundeswari?

Witness: In its south.

Defence: Do you know that on 13th April 1971 Pakistani Army killed both Baruapara and Muslimpara?

Witness: No, I don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment